A loading bay dock house is the complete solution for loading in busy warehouses and industrial settings. As a stand-alone pod, they can be installed directly onto the external building face to create a weatherproof environment to load and unload vehicles.
What does a loading bay do?
An externally fitted loading bay enables businesses to maximise valuable internal warehouse storage space whilst improving control within the loading/unloading environment. Loading Bay Dock Houses are available from specialist manufacturers to ensure you get the best solution for your business.
With increasing expectations and more focus on streamlining to maximise profits, tighter margins and shorter delivery deadlines are pushing manufacturing, warehousing and logistical firms to look at all aspects of the company to protect profits. A specialist add-on loading bay will improve productivity, offer safer workflow and maximise the use of existing space to store or produce goods.
An externally fitted loading bay will allow businesses to streamline loading and unloading whilst ensuring maximum protection for those involved with moving and loading goods. The loading bay is a sealed, secure environment to improve safety by reducing the opportunities for accidents to personnel, equipment and goods being moved.
How a loading bay dock house works
Lorries can back directly up to the dock house, a dock leveller or scissor lift, then safely enable the goods to be loaded or unloaded with reduced opportunity for goods to be stolen or damaged or injury to personnel.
In addition, lights, barriers and signage will ensure that operations can be carried out with safety as a priority and in accordance with the Health and Safety Executive requirements for loading areas in industrial settings.
Benefits of loading bay dock houses
- Installation is quick and straightforward, with minimal disruption to the surrounding area and site operations, and can conveniently be installed to extend existing space, to new builds or as upgrades to existing provisions.
- Loading-bay dock houses can be established singularly or as multiples to offer complete flexibility to meet current and future operations. Choose the right supplier for your loading bay solutions, one that understands the importance of identifying the most suitable solution for your process, with a bespoke sizing, design and look that will not compromise the look of your building to meet your operational needs.
- Loading-bay Dock houses are easy to install, cost-effective and highly reliable, and leading suppliers offering maintenance and service solutions are on hand should you encounter an issue, no matter what day of the week or time of day.
- A sealed load-house also helps to protect workers and vehicles involved in loading and unloading, with the primary purpose of maintaining order in a busy environment. Employers have a duty of care to protect visitors and their workforce. If not fully controlled, loading areas are prime areas for accidents to people, equipment and products, from falls, crush injuries, falling objects or being struck by moving vehicles.
- When large vehicles bring in or take goods away, visibility can be difficult, so ensuring that there is a dedicated purpose-built load-house that only enables those essential to the process to be in the vicinity, with clearly defined and sealed areas, significantly reducing the opportunities for collision.
Efficient loading bays of the future
Installed as a modular, fully sealed unit to the exterior of the building, a stand-alone dock house becomes a fully sealed, hygienic, weatherproof area. They are an energy-saving choice which can help reduce operational costs. Insulated pods are suitable for premises requiring climate protection.
Goods move from storage and are loaded in a sealed environment that protects them and does not compromise the temperature of the building or goods. Insulated options meet the needs of cold stores and temperature-sensitive loading needs.
A loading bay dock house complete with dock seal, dock leveller or scissor lifts with sectional overhead doors will fulfil the requirements demanded of a loading bay that meets the needs of logistics and warehousing of the future.